Date Posted : May 03, 2021
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications Have a General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level or Baccalaureate or any other equivalent diploma; Minimum one year of professional experience in business or in an NGO, CIGs and community development initiatives preferably, proven ability in community mobilization, identification, registration and selection of beneficiaries is highly required; Fluent in English and pidgin and excellent written and oral communication skills; Have a good presentation and a respectful attitude towards beneficiaries, local authorities, community leaders, colleagues and superiors; Knowledge of some local languages, cultures and traditions would be an asset Be flexible; ability to work in a team, sometimes under pressure and often in an unstable security environment. Have a sense of organization and a strong time management ability. Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Be of Cameroonian nationality.
- Summary: The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of hygiene promotion activities at the village level as indicated by the Hygiene promotion Officer. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Hygiene promotion Officer in the implementation of hygiene promotion activities in the communities. This includes the training of voluntary community hygiene workers and hygiene education in communities. The Community Mobiliser spends most of his/her time in the Community, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, taking part in field level implementation activities, such as: hygiene promotion, assessments, identifying potential beneficiaries, registering beneficiaries, the delivery of materials, taking part in distributing assistance (e.g. WASH Kits ) to beneficiaries. The position will supervise Community Hygiene Workers (CHWs) and will report to the Hygiene promotion Officer. Place of employment: The Community Mobilizer for the EH program will be based in any of the three communities (Nkongle, Marita, and Magha) in Wabane Subdivision in Lebialem. Fundamental Responsibilities: Lead the community mobilization process, implement a participatory community targeting approach for the identification and registration of project beneficiaries (IDPs, host populations) Prepare and organize all training materials for hygiene promotion workshops to be held in each village for CHW’s education and lead community campaigns to end open defecation. Initiate, organize and commemorate international events related to WASH related disease prevention at the community level Supervise door to door visit by CHWs on hygiene awareness messaging and activities. Deliver hygiene promotion workshops to IDP CHW’s, in collaboration with the partners; Mobilize IDP and host communities to participate in latrine construction and hygiene education training conducted by CHW’s. Take part in the identification, registration and selection of Project beneficiaries according to defined selection criteria; In conjunction with IRC Partners and the IRC WASH team, participate in sensitizing key stakeholders, community leaders and communities; Take part during the distribution of WASH kits and products to beneficiaries within target locations. Follow up on complaints and report to supervisor. Follow Up Collect the relevant data during project implementation and regularly provide reports to his/her supervisor; Monitor the WASH kits distribution process Monitoring of awareness raising on good hygiene practices, prevention of cholera Assist in data collection during surveys and post-distribution assessments and Knowledge, Attitude and Practice surveys when necessary Manage complaints made by beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries after consultations with their supervisor; Other functions All other functions assigned by the supervisor to allow the development of IRC programs Monitor complaints and documents lessons learnt, best practices and recommendations. General Commit to respecting the IRC Way (IRC Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct). Commit to ensuring the optimal implementation of IRC Policies in the context of their work. Be available to carry out any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his/her direct superior or by the IRC. Produce reports on programmatic activities on a weekly and monthly basis Presentation of the file. An up to date (CV); The names, positions, telephone number and e-mail address of at least two professional references; Applicants can deposit their application in a closed envelope at the IRC Office in Buea or Bamenda and NADEV office at Nkongle in Lebialem. NB: Deadline for the admissibility of files: 10th May, 2021 at 5 p.m. prompt. Female candidates are strongly encouraged. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
EMPLOYER : International Rescue Committee (IRC)
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde