Date Posted : May 03, 2021
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible experience in a multinational educational or cultural work environment is required, with education, communication, marketing and public outreach duties as significant parts of the job. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of Cameroon’s educational structure and institutions, administration, researchers, writers, and publishers. Understands education policy in Cameroon, any associated controversies, or debates, and how education intersects and is treated in national politics, by various political parties, and by key civil society institutions. Good knowledge of U.S. educational system, State Department academic exchange programs, institutions working on international education (such as NAFSA, IIE), and U.S. society, culture, and socio-political processes. Education Requirements: University degree in Education, American Studies, International Relations, Communications, Marketing is required. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Fluent (Speaking/Reading/Writing) English and French are required. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to develop and maintain contacts with target institutions in academic and cultural spheres in the public, private, and NGO sectors in Cameroon, and work with minimal supervision and according to schedule. cross-cultural and interpersonal and communication skills in person and in writing, public speaking skills; ability to draft correspondence in French and English, to write reports and draft remarks for Public Affairs Officer and Cultural Affairs Officer, and independently plan, prioritize work schedule and meet deadlines. Computer skills: word processing, power-point, electronic communication, online research, and internet skills are required. This may be tested. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy issued Medical and Security certifications.
- Overview Hiring Path: • Open to the public Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FP is 06. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C. Only one Open-to category should remain: • All Interested Applicants / All Sources Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation Appointment Type Permanent Appointment Type Details: • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply. Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week) Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end. Supervisory Position: No Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No Back to top Duties Leads the Mission’s public diplomacy engagement with academic audiences, directing and managing educational exchange programs including the Fulbright Program, the Humphrey Fellowship Program, the Study of the United States Institutes, the Pan-Africa Youth Leadership Program, Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program, and International Writers Program. Plans and implements Mission’s outreach program to schools and universities. Develops and maintains continuing personal contact with target educational institutions of higher learning and government ministries related to education and research. Advises Mission personnel on issues and questions related to the Cameroonian education system. Coordinates Post’s exchange program Alumni outreach activities with academic audiences. Provides back-up support to post’s Educational Advising services led by the EducationUSA advisor. How to Apply How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Medical and Security clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position. Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable) Other Document National ID Card or Passport copy (if applicable) DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) SF-50 (if applicable) University Degree Next Steps: Note that ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde