Date Posted : Apr 22, 2021
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : ACCOUNTANCY/ FINANCE
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EXPERIENCE: At least three years of performing progressively responsible work in technical/clerical accounting or bookkeeping which will include at least two years performing cashiering work at the next lower grade in a U.S. agency, non-governmental organization or a large local institution is required. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good working knowledge of 4 FAM and other regulatory material. Must understand a variety of Embassy programs and procedures, such as sale of personal property to ensure proper handling of collections. Must understand the Suspense Deposit Abroad procedures and similar accounts. Knowledge of Cameroonian banking and tax regulations environment. Must know the ICASS service standards. Must know how to read fiscal strips and be familiarized with the accounting classification used by the CGFS. Post policies on cash management and cashier services, other agency regulations relating to payments or collections. Education Requirements: Two years college or university studies is required. Additional education in accounting or general business is required. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge (Speaking/Reading/Writing) of English and French are required. This will be tested. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Duties Serves as the principal Class ‘B’ Cashier with an authorized advance of up to $85,000 at a post with a full range of cashier and cash management duties including vendor payment processing, receipt of collections, provision of accommodation exchange services and the reconciliation of financial transactions. The position also serves as the representative of the U.S. Disbursing Officer in Yaounde. Position is directly supervised by the Financial Management Officer. How to Apply How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security Clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position. Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) if applicable Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable) National Identity Card (if applicable) School Diploma or certificate Work attestation DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) SF-50 (if applicable) Next Steps: Only Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde