Date Posted : May 04, 2022
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : HUMANITARIAN
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Minimum Qualifications Years of Experience / Degree Level For P3 - 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree Field(s) of Education Law; Development Social Sciences; Information Technology, with focus on Database development, data management and analysis; Demography; Geography; Political Science; Business Administration; Humanities; Statistics; or other relevant field. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential) Certificates and/or Licenses Certification Programme ¿ International Protection (CP-IP) HCR protection Learning Programme Training on Emergency Registration Operations Data Management Learning Program (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential) Relevant Job Experience Essential Strong understanding of the principles and concepts of international protection and UNHCR, including Guidance on Registration and Identity Management and the Policy and Guidance on the Protection of Personal Data of Persons of Concern. Strong team-building, managerial, planning, coordination and representation skills. Experience in process re-engineering (process redesign, process transformation, or change management). Experience working with partners, including host and donor Governments, humanitarian and development partners. Desirable Technical expertise in registration, identity or biometric management systems. Experience with UNHCR¿s PRIMES applications. Familiarity with planning, programming, strategic planning, project development, budgeting and resource mobilization. Demonstrated understanding of digital identity standards and of civil registration, population registers and other national identity management systems. Demonstrated knowledge of UNHCR and interagency policies, standards, programmes and operations. Functional Skills DM-Data collection methodologies DM-Data Management *PR-Individual Case Management PR-Protection-related guidelines, standards and indicators *RG-Civil Registration data collection/processing (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential) Language Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Procedures and Eligibility Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017. Duties and Qualifications Registration and Identity Management Officer Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The UNHCR Data Transformation Strategy 2020-2025 envisions that by 2025 UNHCR becomes a trusted leader on data and information related to refugees and other persons of concern (POC), thereby enabling actions to protect and to empower them. The Strategy invests in four complementary priority areas: data management and governance; information systems; capacities and skill development; and culture for evidence-informed decision-making. The Data Transformation Strategy also includes UNHCR¿s forward learning action plan on digital identity and the importance of strengthening a trusted and secure digital platform to facilitate protection and solutions, assistance delivery and the inclusion of POCs in State systems and their increased access to services. The Registration and Identity Management Officer (RIMO) will function under the direct supervision of a Senior Registration or Protection staff in the Section, Bureau or Country Operation. The incumbent supports the management of UNHCR's registration or enrolment-related activities in the region/ country. S/he may receive functional guidance from the Global Data Service, Headquarters. The RIMO coordinates closely with registration operations, Bureau and advises on identity management of POCs, and will support, monitor and advise on registration or enrolment-related activities, whether conducted by UNHCR, partners or Governments. S/he is responsible for ensuring that registration/enrolment activities in the region/ country follow global registration and identity management practices, policies, standards and guidance and will also advocate for the strengthening of human resource capacity building in the areas of registration, identity management and digital identity. The position supports the operationalization of identity management and digital identity strategies such as the inclusion of refugees and asylum-seekers into host States¿ population registers and digital identity systems and the registration of birth, marriages, deaths and other vital events of forcibly displaced persons in the host Government¿s civil registries. The incumbent will also ensure that identity management systems and practices are actively leveraged to support all UNHCR activities, including identification of specific needs, targeting and delivery of assistance, support to protection intervention, fraud mitigation and response, data protection, case management and conduct of durable solution processes. The incumbent will also support digital identity activities (standard setting, pilots, projects or programmes) with the aim of increasing the trust in the identity credentials of POCs to increase access to humanitarian assistance, protection, solutions and public and private sector services (including connectivity and financial services) while ensuring the appropriate protection of their privacy and personal data. The incumbent will also ensure that there is reliable data and analysis relating to POCs' registration, identity management and digital identification including for strategy development and monitoring and evaluation. The RIMO is a key custodian of UNHCR's refugee registration, identity management and assistance delivery systems, which include global, regional and country applications (as relevant and applicable), biometric systems and offline solutions. S/he supports field operations with alignment of registration and case management standard operating procedures to global refugee registration and identity system applications and guidance and digital identity technical standards. The RIMO promotes the implementation and interoperability between UNHCR's digital registration and identification systems and third parties¿ digital identification systems, including those of governments, partner humanitarian organisations and privates sector systems, as appropriate. The incumbent also works closely with Government, key UN and international organizations, NGOs and partners to establish the parameters for UNHCR support in registration, identity management and digital identity activities. In this regard, the RIMO will foster data-sharing partnerships while ensuring that data protection guidelines are implemented and adhered to and promote the increased recognition of POCs' identity credentials for access to services. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR's core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity. Duties - Design, implement and monitor a registration/enrolment, identity management and digital identity strategies for populations of concern in compliance with global and regional protection and inclusion objectives and priorities, ensuring that registration standards are met and appropriate methodologies and technologies are implemented. - Provide technical support to staff on planned registration, identity management and digital identity activities. - Respond to field requests for technical support and capacity building in emergency and ongoing displacement situations, including development of registration, identity management and digital identity strategies, logistical planning, budgeting and resource management. - Develop and disseminate operational guidance, instructions and capacity-development initiatives, in accordance with policy and guidance disseminated by the Data Service in Headquarters. - Design appropriate procedures and systems for assurance of quality registration data, and conduct regular data quality and audit checks to monitor the accuracy of data collected, as well as a tool for identification and prevention of fraud. - Provide post-deployment support and maintenance of the UNHCR refugee systems applications as required. - Assist the country team to establish and strengthen internal capacity and/or that of government counterparts to manage registration and maintain population data. - Liaise with Digital Identity and Registration Section of the Global Data Service as necessary to facilitate registration, identity management and digital identity activities in the region/ country. - Advocate with and support government authorities to establish and strengthen fair and efficient registration and digital identification procedures and systems and that POCs¿ identity documents or credentials are recognised for the purposes of accessing humanitarian, public and private sector services - Establish linkages with key partners to implement appropriate case and data management approaches for efficient, accountable and standardized targeting and delivery of assistance and other programming and protection needs. - Support the operationalization and negotiation with government and UN partners related to interoperability of external systems with UNHCR refugee registration and identity management systems. - In close coordination and collaboration with relevant entities at the country, regional and headquarters level promote the inclusion of refugees and asylum-seekers into host States¿ population registers and digital identity systems and the registration of birth, marriages, deaths and other vital events of forcibly displaced persons in the host Government¿s civil registry. This can include promoting the inclusion of POCs in national development programs related to strengthening Civil Registration and Vital Statistics systems, national population register or digital identification systems. - Support the collection of reliable data and the availability of effective analysis relating to POCs¿ registration, identity management and digital identification at global, regional and country levels (as appropriate) including for the purposes of strategy development and monitoring and evaluation. - Monitor, document and report on registration activities at the regional/ country level, and report on the impact of support interventions to the management of operations. For positions in country operations only: - Promote the prioritisation of registration, identity management and digital identity in operations across the country during the Annual Programme Review and emergency response. - Perform other related duties as required. This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. Position Competencies C001L3 - Accountability Level 3 C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3 C003L3 - Communication Level 3 C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3 C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3 C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3 M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3 M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3 X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3 X003L3 - Technological Awareness Level 3 X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3 Additional Information The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. Closing Date Please note that the closing date for positions advertised in the Addendum 1 to March 2022 Compendium is Sunday 15 May 2022 (midnight Geneva time).
EMPLOYER : UN JOBS
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : www.unjobs.org