Date Posted : May 17, 2021
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : SECURITY
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of military, police, or private experience in the field of security is required. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of surveillance techniques, familiarity with local pedestrian and vehicular traffic patterns and habits, awareness of cultural norms and customs is required. The position requires good working knowledge of the host city's geography and general culture. Education Requirements: Completion of high school is required. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Limited knowledge (Speaking/Reading/Writing) of English and French are required. This will be tested. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A valid category A & B driver’s license is required. Must be skilled in the use of communications equipment, cameras, and basic information technology systems. Must provide detailed oral reports. Must work independently and adapt to a wide range of threat and environmental conditions. Must have good observation skills. This may be tested. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy issued medical and security certifications.
- Overview Hiring Path: • Open to the public Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FP is AA. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C. • All Interested Applicants / All Sources Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation Appointment Type Permanent Appointment Type Details: • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply. Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week) Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end. Supervisory Position: No Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No Back to top Duties Job holder provides security for U.S. personnel and facilities by conducting Surveillance Detection operations as a member of a tactical team of Surveillance Detection personnel. Surveillance Detection Monitors observe, recognize, and report potential surveillance and other suspicious incidents directed against U.S. Government facilities and/or personnel and initiate emergency responses to possible hostile actions, as necessary, to safeguard life and property. Job holder is responsible for conducting Surveillance Detection within an assigned area. Job holder’s primary duties include: identifying suspicious activity and/or possible surveillance and submits information to support analysis; engages in close observation to identify and report potential hostile surveillance directed against U.S. Government facilities, employees, family members, and residences. Job holder initiates emergency responses to possible hostile actions, as necessary, to safeguard life and property. Job holder makes verbal and written reports on findings to the responsible supervisory security personnel. How to Apply How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position. Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (If applicable) Residency and/or Work Permit (If applicable) CNI or Passport copy (as applicable) Driver’s License Proof of Educational Qualification DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) SF-50 (if applicable) Next Steps: ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde