Date Posted : May 17, 2021
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : ENGINEERING
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years field experience in the operation and maintenance of a building automation system (BAS), including computer and microprocessor control system installation and programming. The experience may have been gained as a result of performing general maintenance on computer controlled systems and equipment; however, at least two (2) years must have been spent in direct maintenance of BAS specific components in a similar environment in addition to three (3) years of experience with large, modern, commercial or Government office building operations and maintenance. Experience working with U.S. building, trade, construction, fire, and safety codes and standards is required. JOB KNOWLEDGE: The incumbent must have superior knowledge, exceptional technical skills, and a thorough understanding of building automation systems, their components including sensors and actuators. Must know how to make adjustments to the system and components to keep the building within the designed operating parameters. Must be able to interpret sensor readings, and fault and failure codes in order to diagnose and expedite repairs. Individual must be familiar with the operating parameters of specific building spaces and the specific systems that support each space so critical operations are not disrupted when performing maintenance and repairs. Individual must have knowledge of local companies that can provide material or service support for the systems within his area of responsibility. Individual must have detailed technical knowledge of the control systems within his/her area of responsibility and basic knowledge of how the control systems interface with the operating systems. Incumbent knowledge base must be equipment specific; with the makes and models of the installed equipment. Must have a good working knowledge and ability to use AutoCAD to develop and modify building drawings. Education Requirements: The completion of a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical/Electrical/General Engineering or Computerized systems, control and sensor technology is required. Applicants must have proof of specialized technical training to match background requirements. -OR- College or two (2) years university studies AND at least two (2) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a building automation system (BAS), including computer and microprocessor control system installation and programming. -OR- Secondary school AND at least four (4) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a building automation system (BAS), including computer and microprocessor control system installation and programming. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Fluent Written/Speaking/Reading English and French are required. This will be tested. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The incumbent will have strong computer skills, able to navigate through the Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Office, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.), to create the various documents including reports, spreadsheets, cost estimates, inspection logs, utility consumption charts and graphs; write e-mails and research information on the Internet. Must be proficient in AutoCAD, able to create usable engineering drawings to assist in the operations and maintenance process, or for use in renovation projects. Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be highly organized. This may be tested. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass the U.S. Embassy issued Medical and Security certifications.
- Hiring Path: • Open to the public Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FP is 05 (steps 1 through 4). Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C. • Current Employees of the Mission - All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) - All Agencies Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation Appointment Type Permanent Appointment Type Details: • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period. Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply. Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (45 hours per week) Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end. Supervisory Position: No Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No Back to top Duties Basic Function of the Position: The Building Automated Systems Engineering Technician (BASET) will report directly to the Senior/Deputy Facility Manager and be responsible for the operation and maintenance, which may include a Reliability Centered Maintenance program (RCM), of computer and microprocessor-controlled systems located throughout the New Embassy Compound/New Consulate Compound (NEC/NCC). Serves as an expert in planning, organizing and maintaining large and complex mechanical and electrical systems and their control equipment. The incumbent is employed as a Building Automated Systems Engineering Technician (BASET) to carry out skilled analysis and diagnostic maintenance work on all major systems and critical equipment throughout the NEC/NCC buildings and grounds. Work assignments will be directed by the Senior/Deputy Facility Manager. How to Apply How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy Security clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application: Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable) Residency and/or Work Permit CNI or Passport copy (if applicable) Driver’s License University Degree DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) SF-50 (if applicable) Other Document Other Document 2 Other Document 3 Next Steps: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde