Date Posted : Apr 22, 2021
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : PUBLIC RELATIONS
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: A university degree in Business, Communications, Political Science, International Relations and Sociology is required Education Requirements: See "Requirements" above. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: English (fluency) speaking, writing, and listening English. This may be tested. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess MS Office skills (word, outlook, contacts, power point, and excel). EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Duties Basic Function of the Position Under the direct supervision of the direct-hire Public Affairs Officer (PAO), the Public Affairs Assistant (PAA) supports all aspects of the section’s work as needed. In the absence of the PAO, the PAA works under the supervision of the Deputy Public Affairs Officer (DPAO). The PAA generates media outreach and social media content; serves as speaker for American Center and cultural outreach activities and as a panel member for exchange program and grantee selection; coordinates logistics for section activities; edits and drafts speeches, remarks, press guidance, and other documents for the Ambassador and the PAO who serves as the Mission’s spokesperson; and assists with other administrative and programming tasks as needed. In accordance with the Integrated Country Strategy (ICS) and the Public Diplomacy Implementation Plan (PDIP), the PAA plans and implements duties How to Apply How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application: Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) Passport copy Degree Transcript DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable) SF-50 (if applicable) Next Steps: Only Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde