Date Posted : Feb 12, 2021
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : 1 Year Appointment
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : ADMINISTRATION
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Key Requirements Education: Completion of secondary school education. Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in general administration, office management, communication, Project Management, finance and accounting. Knowledge and skills: Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages such as Microsoft Word. Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision. Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals. Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention. Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff. Previous experience working with humanitarian sector will be a nice to have. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French.
- About WFP Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. Organisational context In Cameroon, the WFP Cameroon Country Strategic Plan [CSP] (2018 - 2021 endeavours to ensure that targeted food-insecure and vulnerable populations benefit from more sustainable and inclusive food systems and increased resilience to shocks to meet their food and nutrition needs. Under this CSP, WFP will design and implement interventions to address food and nutrition security challenges, from production through to consumption. In line with the CSP, WFP will apply its vast comparative advantages including experiences in delivery of food assistance to hundreds of thousands of the most vulnerable in timely, innovative, cost effective and sustainable ways, its deep field presence, logistics and supply chain, partnerships and relationships with national and regional authorities to; a) strengthen national systems and capacities to deliver food and nutrition security; b) contribute to greater efficiency in crisis response interventions; c) ensure access to nutritious food rather than provision while building the national capacities and systems for social protection, emergency preparedness and response and government-led programmes and services; and d) increase resilience by focusing on food systems rather than access to food, through development of integrated solutions that can be scaled up by Government and the private sector. What will you do? Based in Bamenda, you will deliver standard business support processes, to facilitate effective service delivery. Why work with us? WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people. You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other. WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities. Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better! Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnaxfnNKdsM Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive): At this position, you will: Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff. Deadline for application Date: February 2nd, 2021 at 11:59 pm This position open to Cameroonian nationals only Terms and Conditions WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
EMPLOYER : UN JOBS
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : www.unjobs.org