Date Posted : Oct 28, 2020
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : 1 Year Appointment
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Required qualifications Education The incumbent must have completed high school followed by training in management, accounting and/or finance, or other training deemed equivalent. Experience At least five years of experience in financial and administrative management; good references in workshop organization, communication and public relations. Languages Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and the local language in the duty station. Ability to work in French would be an asset. Competencies Ability to process administrative and financial transactions, to maintain financial and administrative records and prepare related reports. Good mastery of computer tools, in particular the Windows office (Word, Excel, Access, Power point...) as well as current accounting software. Ability to do research on the Internet. Ability to work with confidential data and documents; Knowledge of project management practices and ability to quickly master ILO procedures in administrative and financial matters; Ability to organize one's own work. Ability to integrate into a team and work under pressure. Sense of responsibility and availability; Ease of contact with partners and ability to respond to their requests.
- Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General. In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date. The following are eligible to apply: ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations. External candidates* *The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in the Republic of Cameroon. Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance. *Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. Introduction The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a Specialized Agency of the United Nations System with a mandate to promote social justice, notably through the Decent Work Agenda. The Decent Work Support Team for Central Africa and country office for Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome and Principe based in Yaoundé (ETD/P.O Box Yaoundé), represents the ILO in Central African countries including Sao Tome and Principe. The International Labour Office and the Government of the Republic of Cameroon signed a cooperation agreement on October 8, 2020 for the implementation in Cameroon of the Development Project of urban infrastructure and the creation of decent jobs for young people. This will be done through the optimal use of labour- based approaches in the realization of urban infrastructure in Maroua and Bamenda financed by the Government of Cameroon and the French Development Agency. As part of the C2D Regional Capitals Program, the overall objective of the project is to contribute to the local development of these localities with local labour and locally available materials. It is articulated around two specific objectives : • Improve the level of employability of young people through training in the construction of basic infrastructure; • Improve the level of service of socio-economic infrastructures as well as the state of urban infrastructures to contribute to the improvement of the living and working conditions of the population. The ILO technical assistance aims to respond to a new approach of the French Development Agency (AFD) to take into account the issue of employment, especially the problem of youth employment in its strategies and interventions at the national level. In this particular case of urban development, it also responds to the need to ensure the sustainability of infrastructure built or rehabilitated through the implementation of structures capable of ensuring their maintenance. To this end, the Agency has requested the ILO to provide technical assistance to the project owner and the implementation unit of the "C2D-Regional Capitals" project in Cameroon aimed at building capacity for the integration of employment and the labour-based approach and employability. Description of Duties Under the overall responsibility of the Director of ETD/P. BOX - Yaoundé and under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator (NPC), the Administrative and Financial Assistant will be in charge of administrative and financial operations, including the follow-up of activities planned under the project entitled "Project for the development of urban infrastructure and creation of decent jobs for youth through the optimal use of labour-based approaches in the implementation of urban infrastructure under the C2D Regional Capitals of Maroua and Bamenda Program". To this end, the Administrative and Financial Assistant will be globally responsible for: Administrative tasks : • Provide administrative support for project activities consisting of evaluation and management of administrative registers and records, interpretation, maintenance of official documents, files and databases, preparation of evaluation reports as part of the monitoring of the ILO technical assistance project; provide advice to the project manager on administrative procedures; • Clarify and explain a wide range of administrative rules and procedures and coordinate follow-up activities in collaboration with the administrative sections of the office, and keep staff members, experts and/or consultants informed on administrative procedures. • Participate in internal meetings to provide information on administrative matters. • Prepare drafts of correspondence, memoranda and administrative reports based on oral or written instructions, previous correspondence or other available sources of information in accordance with standard office procedures. Financial tasks : • Maintain financial records related to the project in order to reconcile expenditures, balances, payments; Prepare financial reports for seminars and workshops. • Prepare purchases based on specifications and cost estimates of planned activities in accordance with ILO procedures. • Prepare and verify supporting documents, monitors payments of project expenses and prepare budget analysis and forecasts as required. • Advise and assist project staff, experts and consultants on financial matters; analyze and improve the periodic and final financial reports of the project executing agencies. • Work closely with the staff of other development projects as well as the ILO Office in Yaoundé. • Execute any other tasks assigned by the hierarchy. Recruitment process Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures. Fraud warning The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants. Note: "The ILO attaches great importance to ethical values, diversity among its staff and aims to ensure gender balance among its members. Only pre-selected applicants will be contacted for the appropriate tests. Candidates who have been assessed and considered for referral but who have not been selected for that vacancy may be offered another position at the same or lower grade provided they meet the minimum qualifications for that position. Recruitment of the candidate is subject to receipt and availability of funds.
EMPLOYER : UN JOBS
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : www.unjobs.org