Date Posted : Oct 12, 2020
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : 1 Year Appointment
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : ICT
Qualification/Work Experience :
- TANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's degree /Licence Professionelle Type of Degree: Computer Sciences or Telecommunication Years of work experience: At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in hardware maintenance or within relevant fields. Language: Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English.
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. JOB PURPOSE: To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority): Under the direct supervision of Head of Sub Office, the IT Assistant will undertake the following duties: Maintain inventory of material and/or database of information, such as, computer related equipment, communications equipment, website content, training material, etc… Maintain logs or archives of information, such as computer related logs, trouble tickets, directories, website publications, registries, data warehouses, reports, etc… Assist in the deployment/dissemination of standard material, such as, computer hardware and/or software, applications, programs, directories, telephony, web content, publications, database content, training material, etc… Plan and schedule preventive maintenance, troubleshoot IT to identify problems with systems performance as a result of which make adjustments, replace parts or repair systems components as needed; Administer user access to systems and databases, monitor system and application usage; Assist in resolution of problems by monitoring inboxes and responding to queries, identifying and forwarding issues to the appropriate person; Assist in training and support of users of technology and systems, such as audio/videoconferences, meetings, databases, networks etc… Provide IT support to staff in the office, for a better use of ICT facilities. Provide support and liaise with MTN in resolving technical complaints received from beneficiaries linked with network and the use of ICT tools. Help in maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN and Setting local security policies (cabling, wifi AP, Switches, VSAT etc...). Escalate IT problems to the IT Service Desk when required (opening – follow-up and closure of incidents). Train staff on proper use of IT equipment and related equipment. Maintain stocks of spare parts and equipment to support the repair and maintenance of IT equipment and components, along with providing updates for asset management (GEMS). Provide first level on HF and VHF radio equipment in collaboration with the ICT colleagues based in the CO. Coordinate the implementation of WFP’s Gender and Protection policy across all IT activities. Perform any other related duty as may be required by WFP Management. . Results/Expected Outputs: Effective and timely support to the IT projects deployed in the Sub Office in Bertoua. Timely support to the preventive and reactive maintenance for the ICT’s equipment and infrastructures in Bertoua SO along with the Warehouses. Timely and effective end user support provided. Timely report and escalation of ICT problems at the level to the CO. Timely update of the asset management database (GEMS) of the Sub office in Bertoua. Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed. 4Ps Core Organizational Capabilities: 4P Theme Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives. Be a force for positive change Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor. Make our mission visible in everyday actions Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission Look for ways to strengthen people's skills Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities. Create an inclusive culture Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds. Be a coach & provide constructive feedback Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work. Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor. Encourage innovation & creative solutions Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues. Focus on getting results Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency. Make commitments and make good on commitments Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments. Be Decisive Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field. Connect and share across WFP units Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor. Build strong external partnerships Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals. Be politically agile & adaptable Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives. Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs. FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIES: Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Governance, Strategy and Architecture Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilization and costs to facilitate the project planning process. Technical Expertise Understands technical aspects of own job and applies them in a thorough and systematic manner to analyze customer’s technical issues and offer value adding advice and/or solutions.
EMPLOYER : Plan International (Plan Int.)
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Cameroon