Date Posted : Sep 23, 2020
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : LOGISTICS
Qualification/Work Experience :
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Law, or any other related discipline. Certificate in Procurement Management is an asset Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in supply chain management, preferably within an international organization. Skills / Competences Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (eg USAID, EU, UN) Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions. Knowledge of contract terms, as well as an ability to track the successful execution of purchase orders with respect to the advertised specifications. Good proficiency in the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, etc.). Good ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Good ability to write activity reports Personal qualities Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Good planning and organizational skills. Good ability to transmit knowledge. Required / Desired Language: Must be bilingual with a working knowledge of English and French.
- PROJECT SUMMARY Funded by the Presidential Emergency Plan for Fighting AIDS (PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been the prime implementing partner for the Key Interventions to Develop Systems and Services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (KIDSS) Project in Cameroon since 2014. Following the 3 – year transition funding just received by CRS (until March 2023), the National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) has been chosen as a potential localization prime partner for the implementation of the USAID / PEPFAR OVC program in Cameroon beyond March 2023. Under the shadows of CRS, NECC will progressively take control of the KIDSS project. The KIDSS project aims to provide holistic and sustainable care for orphans and other vulnerable children (OVC) by strengthening the capacities of the Government of the Republic of Cameroon (GRC), civil society organizations, communities and households to provide quality care and support to children and their families infected and affected by HIV. KIDSS currently partners /collaborates with 24 local implementing partners, the Government of Cameroon and other stakeholders to reach OVC and their families in 32 health districts across nine regions of Cameroon. The program includes prevention and case finding activities for OVC, community support to enable linkage to care of infected children and adolescents, as well as to improve retention of children and adolescents living with HIV who have been enrolled into care and treatment. NECC therefore seeks to recruit a Procurement and Logistic Officer whose job description is as seen below. TERMS OF REFERENCE Job Summary The Procurement and Logistic Officer will be responsible for the entire supply chain process for the KIDSS project; preparing Invitations for Bids or Requests for Proposals, the analysis of service providers' files as well as the ordering, delivery and provision of services and goods acquired and / or financed by the project. Job Responsibilities Procurement duties Participates in the definition of procurement policies and procedures. Establishes and updates the directory of project providers> Prepares consultation files. Supports the selection process of providers in accordance with the principles, standards and procurement policies established while ensuring the best value for money. Manages orders. Maintains permanent contact with suppliers to monitor the execution of contractual conditions and deal with problems if necessary. Evaluates and reports on supplier performance. Documents all project procurement processes. Logistic duties Centralizes purchase requests with complete specifications as well as delivery schedules. Participates in the labeling and marking of goods. Supports the implementation of delivery operations from the arrival of goods in the country (or local point of purchase) to warehouses and final distribution centers in accordance with the rules of NECC and her donors. Ensures that all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and / or review all reports prior to submission in accordance with distribution requirements KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS Supervisor: The Head of Finance and Administration. Internal: The National Project Coordinator, the Bursar, the Internal Controller, the Secretary General of the CENC and his deputy, the KIDSS / NECC Project staff. External: CRS procurement team, local implementation partners. NECC-wide skills (for all NECC staff): These are rooted in NECC's mission, values and guiding principles and are used by each staff member to fulfill their responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are: Trust in all relationships Professional growth Partnership Responsibility Integrity Accountability and stewardship Strategic mindset Disclaimer: This job description does not constitute an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, tasks and responsibilities associated with the position. NECC's talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. NECC is an equal opportunity employer. APPLICATION PROCESS Application files will include: Cover letter, CV indicating among other things at least 03 references one of which should be a leader of a religious / faith based community and proof of relevant diplomas and experiences. Apply exclusively online by sending an email to email@example.com specifying Procurement & Logistic Officer, KIDSS project in the email subject line. Deadline: September 27th, 2020 at 5 pm Cameroon time. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered. NB: By applying for this job, the candidate should understand that NECC protects human life at all cost and will require the candidate to do the same if recruited. NECC also requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and human trafficking. Successful candidates at this stage will be subjected to a practical test and an oral interview. A comprehensive background check will be done to the retained candidate.
EMPLOYER : Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde