Date Posted : Sep 23, 2020
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : GOVERNMENT
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements: EXPERIENCE: Two years of secretarial or administrative experience in an international organization or large local institution is required. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of post administrative instructions and notices and Locally Employed Staff Handbook. Good working knowledge of English and French Grammar, spelling and punctuation. Good knowledge of T&A procedures. Education Requirements: Completion of High School (“A” Level or Baccalauréat) is required. Evaluations: LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and French are required. This will be tested. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be good at MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook e-mail. Must be able to interact with employees tactfully, inspire their confidence and trust, and maintain a pleasant attitude despite numerous work pressures and deadlines. Must be able to work independently for routine work and provide excellent customer service. Must be computer literate and have typing skills of 40 w.p.m. minimum. These will be tested. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy Medical and Security certifications. Back to top Benefits and Other Info Benefits: Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office. Other Information: HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- firstname.lastname@example.org Overview Hiring Path: • Open to the public Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: Current Employees of the Mission - All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) - All Agencies. Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation Appointment Type Permanent Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply. Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week) Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end. Supervisory Position: No Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No Back to top Duties Basic Function of the Position: Serves as Administrative Clerk for the Local Guard Force (LGF) and provides administrative, secretarial, time and attendance, and other clerical support to LGF operations. Incumbent reports directly to the Assistant Regional Security Officer (ARSO) – Regional Security Office. Distribute and follow up with office phone bill payment and requisitioning replacement phones. Place orders for supplies and repairs of LGF equipment and maintain LGF office supplies. Receive telephone calls, visitors, provide reminders and background material for appointments and meetings; making arrangements for conferences, and logistics. Develop and maintaining a system for tracking incoming and outgoing shipments.
EMPLOYER : US Embassy
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde