Date Posted : Aug 25, 2020
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : NGO
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Qualifications Have a General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level or Baccalaureate or any other equivalent diploma; Minimum one year of professional experience in business or in an NGO, CIGs and community development initiatives preferably, proven ability in community mobilization, identification, registration and selection of beneficiaries is highly required; Fluent in English and Pidgin English and excellent written and oral communication skills; Have a good presentation and a respectful attitude towards beneficiaries, local authorities, community leaders, colleagues and superiors; Knowledge of other local languages of the community, and of cultures and traditions of the community would be an asset Be flexible; ability to work in a team, sometimes under pressure and often in an unstable security environment. Have an excellent command of computer tools: Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook. Have a sense of organization and a strong time management ability. Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Be of Cameroonian nationality.
- Job Description IRC has been present in Cameroon since January 2016 when the organization launched an assessment in response to increasing concerns for people affected by violence linked to Boko Haram. In March 2016, IRC opened its first field office in Maroua followed in February 2017 by a second field office in Kousseri. As a result to the ongoing crises in the North and south west, IRC opened another branch in the south west region in January 2018 and open another field office in North West region in November 2019. IRC Delivers lifesaving programming to increase access to water and improving hygiene practices in vulnerable displaced and host communities, cash programming to enable poor families to meet basic needs and improve food security, and protection programming, including meeting specific needs of women and girls. The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has affected Cameroon adding to the abovementioned insecurity context for populations. On March 5, 2020 Cameroon announced its first confirmed cases of COVID-19. On March 18, the government took special measures to reduce the spread of the outbreak. Despite these measures, cases continue to rise. As a result of this outbreak, Communities are more vulnerable and have increased humanitarian needs according to the Cameroon Humanitarian Needs Overview 2020 (revised June 2020). In the face of this growing humanitarian needs, IRC is scaling up its activities in the South West and North West Regions and seeks to employ two WPE Community Mobilizer Assistants for its South West Region operations. IRC is recruiting three Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Community Mobilizer Assistants who are members of the Protection Mobile Team, operating in the South West and North West Regions. The role of the GBV Case Management Assistant(s) will be to ensure the implementation of emergency GBV prevention and response activities and COVID-19 preventive measures and facilitate access to services. The WPE Community Mobilizer Assistants will be based in Diffa and Ekondo Titi and carry out his/her function in the communities of IRC intervention in the Meme and Ndian Divisions respectively. He/she will work under the supervise n of a WPE Assistant and/or Officer and collaborate closely with other IRC sectors such as health, PRoL, ERD and WASH. The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) activities at the village level as indicated by the Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Officer. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) in the implementation of WPE activities in the communities. This includes the training of community voluntary workers and sensitization of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in communities. The Community Mobiliser spends most of his/her time in the Community, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, taking part in field level implementation activities, such as: Sensitization, identifying survivors of GBV, assessments, identifying potential beneficiaries, registering beneficiaries, the delivery of materials, taking part in distributing assistance (e.g. Dignity and COVID-19 Kits ) to beneficiaries. The position will supervise Community volunteers and will report to the Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Assistant and/or Officer. Scope of Work Basic Responsibility Under the direction of the WPE Officer, the community mobilizer will: Conduct information and awareness sessions with women and girls in the community to disseminate information about available services and key protection concerns Identify and assess new communities to be engaged in WPE activities Maintain regular contact with community focal points and community outreach volunteers to ensure a constant flow of information and feedback Gather feedback at the community level regarding WPE service provision and share information with the WPE Officer Identify and engage key Stakeholders within the community to ensure access of WPE teams and promote participation of the community in activities Lead the community mobilization process, implement a participatory community targeting approach for the identification and registration of project beneficiaries (IDPs, host populations) Prepare and organize all training materials for the Women’s Protection and Empowerment workshops to be held in each village for Community volunteers and lead community campaigns to end Gender Based Violence and observe COVID-19 barriers measures. Initiate, organize, and commemorate international events related to WPE related GBV prevention at the community level and COVID-19 preventive measures. Take part in the identification, registration, and selection of Project beneficiaries according to defined selection criteria. Take part during the distribution of Dignity Kits to beneficiaries within target locations. Organize meetings with community leaders and make advocacy calls during these meetings Follow Up Collect the relevant data during project implementation and regularly provide reports to his/her supervisor. Monitoring of awareness raising on prevention measures on Gender Based violence Assist in data collection during surveys and post-distribution assessments and Knowledge, Attitude and Practice surveys when necessary Manage complaints made by beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries after consultations with their supervisor. Risk mitigation activities ·Support community outreach volunteers and other community members in developing advocacy messages and strategies to address and/or mitigate risks faced by women and girls ·Facilitate referral of identified needs to humanitarian organizations and other service providers, ensuring follow up and feedback to the community Other functions All other functions assigned by the supervisor to allow the development of IRC programs Monitor complaints and documents lessons learnt, best practices and General Commit to respecting the IRC Way (IRC Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct). Commit to ensuring the optimal implementation of IRC Policies in the context of their work. Be available to carry out any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his/her direct superior or by the IRC. Produce reports on programmatic activities on a weekly and monthly basis. Presentation of the file. An up to date (CV); Cover Letter NIC Academic Credentials The names, positions, telephone number and e-mail address of at least two professional references; Applicants can deposit their application in a closed envelope at the IRC office in Buea, Bamenda or send by email to the address Harry.Moto@rescue.org; NB: Deadline for the admissibility of files: September 2nd, 2020 at 5 p.m. promt. Female candidates are strongly encouraged. Only the preselected candidates will be contacted.
EMPLOYER : International Rescue Committee (IRC)
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : Yaounde