Date Posted : Feb 28, 2020
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Short term contract
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : CONASULTANCY
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Required Skills and Experience Education: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, gender studies, development studies, programme management, human rights or other relevant fields. Experience: Experience in English translation (documents) and interpretation (real-time) Research or evaluation experience Ability to lead a focus group discussion, particularly with women's groups Able to conduct research independently Ability to review and synthesise technical documents, to deliver summaries and key points Technical experience with gender equity and empowerment programming, and women's economic empowerment projects, or education, or vocational training Ability to travel within the country of assignment Languages: Fluency in English, both oral and written, is required; Proficiency in other UN languages is an advantage.
- UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Aligned with the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, UN Women’s Second Chance Education and Vocational Learning (SCE) Programme is a solution for women who have missed out on education. This project aims to develop context specific, affordable and scalable learning, entrepreneurship and employment pathways for empowering the most disadvantaged women and young women. It offers women and young women, their families, local communities and societies the benefits of access to educational services which are tailored not only to their needs as learners, but also to their future as earners. The SCE Programme achieves this by leveraging the opportunities of innovative teaching approaches, digital technologies and social networks. The SCE Programme is delivered through two modalities: UN Women Empowerment Hubs with both face-to-face training and access to the second modality - an online SCE learning portal through blended and independent learning opportunities. In its first phase (July 2018 – June 2021), the Programme is being piloted in Australia, Cameroon, Chile, India, Jordan, and Mexico. This Terms of Reference is for a national consultant to support the mid-term review international consultants desk review, field visit, data collection and analysis. Duties and Responsibilities Functions and Responsibilities: The consultant will be responsible for the development and management of the SCE e-portal working with the Global SCE Programme Manager, six SCE Country Project Managers, and the UN Women ICT team. The consultant will report to the Global SCE Programme Manager and be responsible for providing relevant updates and reports as required by UN Women. Key Deliverables: The key deliverables to be achieved by the consultant are: Translated and analysed documents Real-time verbal translation Meeting facilitation, desk and field research Interviews and meeting minutes where necessary Payments shall be made to the consultant against the submitted deliverables and fully completed and duly authorized Certification of Payment Form. Deliverables; Translated and analysed documents, real-time verbal translation, meeting facilitation, desk and field research, interviews and meeting minutes where necessary Deliverables Details % of Payment 1 Provision f detail action Plan 20% 2 Preparatory meetings, translation, meeting facilitation, field and desk research, interviews and Meeting minutes 50% 3 Provision of report in English and French 30% Total 100 Competencies Core Values: Respect for Diversity; Integrity; Professionalism. Core Competencies: Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues; Accountability; Creative Problem Solving; Effective Communication; Inclusive Collaboration; Stakeholder Engagement; Leading by Example. Functional Competencies: Extensive substantive and applied knowledge in gender equality and women's empowerment and commitment to a feminist agenda; Excellent management skills; Proven track record in team-building and empowerment of staff and nurturing a positive and collaborative work environment Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision; Demonstrated negotiating, cultural sensitivity and diplomatic skills; Ability to provide information, tools, resources to support work achievement; Effectiveness orientation and pro-activity; Ability to leverage information technology, executive information systems, management techniques and tools for optimal office performance. Interested candidates should apply via the website, https://jobs.undp.org If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact email@example.com.
EMPLOYER : UN Jobs
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : www.unjobs.org