Date Posted : Feb 27, 2020
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : 18 Months funded position
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : International Development
Qualification/Work Experience :
- Minimum Requirements: At least 8 years of experience successfully managing international development programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing) preferably those funded by international donors, including the US Government. Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field required. Demonstrated success across the whole range of project management responsibilities including: strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight. Experience working on activities aimed at increasing citizen participation, civil society strengthening, local government accountability, community development and/or other related activity areas. Demonstrated successes in relationship management with clients and stakeholders; oversight of program monitoring and evaluation; and documentation of results. Fluency in speaking, reading and writing both English and French is required. Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, as well as mentor national staff. Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success in collaborating effectively with each. Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience. Strong analytical capacity. Citizens and residents of Cameroon are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to funder approval.
- FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Project Director (PD) for an anticipated 18-month US State Department-funded project to improve collaboration and communication between civil society, the public, and the government in order to strengthen municipal-level good governance in Cameroon. The PD will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project, and serving as the project’s main point of contact in Cameroon, including with local stakeholders in the target communities. The PD will also be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed and the objectives of the project are successfully met. It is expected that the PD will be located in Douala, Cameroon. The position is contingent on funding and is anticipated to commence in September 2020. Primary Responsibilities: Leading the project’s team and serving as the primary point of contact with the FHI 360 home office regarding the day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the project. Assuring that all assistance provided under the award is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed. Managing and supervising the work of local staff and consultants provided under the award. Serving as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the award. Establishing appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported and that project objectives are met. Managing the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all progress reports. Facilitating ongoing project learning, monitoring and evaluation, and adaptive management. Ensuring that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among FHI 360 and local partner project staff, and key local stakeholders. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
EMPLOYER : Cameroonjobs
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : www.cameroonjobs.net