Date Posted : Jun 20, 2022
- Required No. of Employee's : 1
- Salary : 0.00
- Duration of Employment : Full Time
- Prefered Sex : Male/Female
- Sector of Vacancy : HEALTHCARE
Qualification/Work Experience :
- The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position: A degree in a health-related field with post graduate training in Public Health or a related field will be an added advantage; Preference for candidates with experience in the delivery of comprehensive HIV/AIDS ART services (Care & Treatment, PMTCT, TB referrals, etc.); Experience with differentiated service delivery models and familiarity with private pharmaceutical systems. Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USG, host-country counterparts, and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector. Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners; and, Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project Description: FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Technical Specialist based in Yaoundé, Cameroon under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project. The goal of this activity is to support decentralized delivery of ART through the establishment of appropriate immediate mechanisms in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as sustainable mechanisms for referral linkages, quality control, support, and monitoring. EpiC is a five-year global project funded by PEPFAR through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Cameroon, EpiC is working with NACC and other implementing partners to introduce the antiretroviral therapy distribution (DDD) through private pharmacies (Private Pharmacy Model) as part of decentralized drug distribution and making HIV services client centered. Job Description The Technical Specialist will work under the direction of the Technical Director to design, implement and manage all technical aspects of the EpiC DDD Activity. The Technical Specialist will have the following responsibilities: Lead the piloting of the private pharmacy model in Yaoundé Participate in national dialogue to address policy and operational issues related to related to DDD/DSD. Liaise with the MoH and the pharmacy regulatory bodies to support the strategic decisions and policy formulation to strengthen DDD in the public and private sector. Provide technical support to integrate other services into the private pharmacy model and enhance private sector participation in the national treatment program; Adapt and update the DDD operational guide, job aids, and standard operating procedures to facilitate introduction and scale up of the model; Promote and create demand for the DDD model to stakeholders, especially among public health facility providers and ART clients, and encourage them by sharing the advantages of the model Provide technical support and implement necessary measures to guarantee the quality of medicines and services in the DDD models; Provide supply chain expertise to health facility and private pharmacy staff to ensure the availability of ARV drugs and other chronic care medicines at the private pharmacies; Support government and health facility supply chain technical leads to coordinate and process new ART client medication orders and reorders including verifying/reverifying new or refill prescriptions and supporting their entry into pharmacy information systems and facility electronic medical records (EMR); Provide technical and programmatic support in strengthening DDD systems and building provider/pharmacists’ capacity on best practices in the provision of pharmaceutical care for ART, including inventory management and other related services at community and hospital pharmacies. Provide technical and programmatic support for DDD program data collection, analysis and management activities at public health facilities and private pharmacies including Support the adaptation of the DDD App to enable its interoperability with the national EMR. Develop and support implement key performance metrics to track progress in DDD implementation and guide decision making. Support the training pharmacy staff on Logistic Management of HIV/AIDS Commodities (LMHC) using National Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for LMHC. Coordinate pharmacovigilance activities (adverse drug reaction reporting). Implement, coordinate or/or participate in private pharmacy and public health facility review meetings. Coordinate exchanges and sharing of best practices among implementing partners Act as a liaison between the EpiC/FHI 360 DDD Activity and relevant Governmental and Non-Governmental institutions. Perform other duties as assigned. The position will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon. Position is open to Cameroon citizens and Residents. The consultancy will be from July 1 – December 31, 2022. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. How to Apply Candidates must submit their application, including CV, via email to Cameroon.HIVFreeProject.Procurement@fhi360.org by June 24, 2022, 5:00 p.m. Cameroon time. Email subject line must include “Technical Specialist Decentralized Drug Distribution (DDD)”. We appreciate all interest in this position, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
EMPLOYER : UN JOBS
EMPLOYER'S LOCATION : www.unjobs.org